For those of you who are looking for a new pool cue, then this article is for you. There are many different types and brands to choose from but I am going to tell you about the best ones in my opinion.
There are so many great options out there that it can be hard to know what’s best for your needs without some guidance. Luckily, after reading this post, you’ll have a good idea of what will suit your needs the most!
What’s the best pool cue for you?
That’s a tough question, but I’ll try to help. A lot of people ask me that all the time. One thing I always tell them is that it doesn’t really matter what kind of cue they use as long as they have fun with it.
But when someone asks me if there is a specific type of cue I recommend, then my answer changes depending on their style and skill level. If you’re looking for advice on which cues are worth your money this year or just want some information about different types, read on!
Our Top Choices of Best Pool Cues of 2021
- Players Technology Series HXT15 Cue[Best for Intermediate Level]
- Lucasi Custom Sneaky Pete Cue with Upgraded Low Deflection Shaft
- EastPoint Sports Composite Cue
- Hardwood Canadian Maple Billiard Sticks
- EastPoint Sports Deluxe Cue
- Players 1 Piece Pool Cue
- Viper Commercial 1-Piece Hardwood pool Sticks
- Players D-DRG Midnight Black with Golden Dragons Cue
- Players Classic Birds-Eye Maple Cue
- Aska Set of Cues Hard Rock
- CUESOUL Jointed Cue [Best for Kids]
- Viking Valhalla 2 Piece Cue Stick
- Players D-JS White Dripping Card Suits Cue
1) Players Technology Series HXT15 Cue[Best for Intermediate Level]
It’s a fantastic choice for an intermediate player. This Pool Cue is customizable, available in seven weights from 18 to 21 ounces with options at every half ounce! The design on the cue butt is diamond and pincher-style graphic points and stainless steel joint collar. It just looks beautiful.
And it is easy to use! With a Kamui Black Soft Tip for superior grip, spin, and durability, and HXT High-tech low deflection ferrule with a unique lightweight polymer core, this piece is like owning an expensive car! The slightest change of touch will change the whole course of the ball! To keep it basic: This two-piece pool cue is what you need if you want to perfect your game as well as create a more challenging game with your friends!
- High-shot precision (Low deflection shaft drastically reduces ball deflection)
- Shots can create more challenging games if you are not a regular pool player.
2) Lucasi Custom Sneaky Pete Pool Cue
This cue features a wrapless handle for a smooth feel and uninterrupted stroke. This cue is equipped with a Uni-loc pin and a 12.75mm Lucasi Solid Core Low Deflection Technology Shaft topped with an Everest tip by Tiger. The premium layered leather cue tip holds its shape like a hard, hits like a medium, and provides the ball control of a soft. Available in 18 – 21 ounces in half-ounce increments. Lifetime warranty, even against warpage.
Wood-to-wood joint with Uni-loc pin offers a soft hit and quick breakdown. 12.75mm Lucasi Custom Solid Core Low Deflection Technology Shaft topped with an Everest by Tiger. This premium layered leather tip holds its shape like a hard tip, hits like a medium, and gives the ball control of a soft tip. Available in 18 – 21 ounces in half-ounce increments.
- 12.75 mm soft tips
- Equipped with uni loc pin
- Lifetime warrant
- Nothing we can find
2) EastPoint Sports Composite Sticks
The is certainly the choice for your fun evenings at home with friends or family! Got a pool in your basement or garage but didn’t know what Pool Cues to choose? Well, worry no more because this is what you need! Good quality for a low price, this pool-play accessory is easy to use, light, provides power to the shots, and will guarantee the touch of a pro on that 8-ball!
It is a right ‘starter’ which you can use to learn more about this beautiful game. Plus, the design is neat! Just put this baby on the wall, and the room will undoubtedly look like its game night! The grip is micro-fiber, premium fiberglass material, and for this low-priced 58-inch cue, it is a good starting point for going from amateur to pro, or just the excellent foundation of a cool-party!
- Durable material (fiberglass construction with graphite reinforcement)
- Comfortable to the grip (micro-fiber grip, designed for comfort and control)
- Best on this price point
- If you get into the sport, you will quickly want to upgrade to a better cue.
3) Hardwood Canadian Billiard Sticks
Do you love playing pool in your man-cave, or with your family? Are you looking for a quality pool cue at a great price? Well, look no more! The Iszy Billiards is what you need! This lot of 4 pieces Hardwood Pool Cue is exactly what you need!
You don’t have to be a pro to own the Hardwood Canadian Maple Pool Cue, but it can lead to becoming one! Lightweighing from 18 to 21 oz (left to right), this is terrific for game night with your friends and family! The Iszy is just the thing you need for your friendly tournament at home. The beautiful design makes it also a must-accessory for your game room. Don’t hesitate and get this now!
- Aesthetically Pleasing with an Irish linen wrap
- Great price for 4 pieces
- Glued leather tip, but cause it to deteriorate after extended use.
4) EastPoint Sports Deluxe Cue
This cue is 57 inches long and has a Nylon Grip which is something you should need in your collection of pool gear! This 20 oz piece is perfect for competitive as well as casual players! It’s the right starter if you want to get a professional later.
The nylon grip on this baby is designed for your comfort and your control. It’s efficient not just for professional shots, but for professional parties! And it makes for an excellent accessory for your pool gear! The aesthetically pleasing design is carved on rock Maple wood, and it’s not just for showing off to your friends.
Still, the material is specially made to resist warping as it gets overused by awesome parties or hard and intense pool-learning sessions!
- Canadian Maple Wood featuring proper curing to resist warping
- Nylon grip designed for comfort and better control
- The plastic cap on the bottom isn’t that great
5) Players 1 Piece Sticks
Great pool cue, perfect for your personal use as well as for parties, or if you own a bar. This Players Stick is excellent for professionals or residential use (4 to 8 cues). Great pricing for these cues, carved from the heart of North American-Forest, and made from rock Maplewood.
The genuine four-prong construction is excellent for an American rock-solid hit on that 8-ball! The 58″ length is perfect for almost all players, and the high-impact fiber ferrule has a lifetime guarantee of not cracking up. The linen ring around the base of the cue is also there to prevent cracking.
The only thing that this beauty will break is intense pool sessions! You don’t have to be a professional to own this beautiful pool sticks! You only need to be in love with parties. And the pool!
- Lifetime guarantee of not cracking up after prolonged use
- A high gloss finish protects against fading and warping
- If you get into the game, you will immediately want to upgrade to a better version
6) Viper Commercial 1-Piece Hardwood Pool Sticks
Looking for a good-quality pool stick at a great price? Don’t have a big space at home in your pool room? Well, stop scrolling! Just stop scrolling and look at this beauty! This was made for your environment! For your party nights, for your friends, family, and your love for the wonderful game of pool!
This is an excellent cue made from hardwood and at just 36″ or 48″ this cue works excellent for rooms where space is tight! Want to get that perfect shot before you close the game, but the wall behind you doesn’t allow enough space for your vision?
Well, It was made to encourage your pool creativity! Like we always say: You don’t need to be a professional (or a novice) to own such a beautiful piece. You need a billiard table, your pool balls, and your vision for the game, or your chill on Sunday evening with your friends.
- Coated in 9 layers of varnish to prevent warpage
- Smaller stick perfect for small spaces
- smaller size could be a disadvantage if you have larger grip or are a tall person
7) Players D-DRG Midnight Black with Golden Dragons Cue
You are a person of taste! You enjoy the oriental designs, and you love pool and deep-down you feel there is a dragon in your heart! Well, the Players D-DRG Midnight Black with Golden Dragons Cue thinks the same about you! This aesthetically pleasing oak stick with a professional leather tip is made to keep shape longer and will keep your game uniform even after numerous pool sessions!
Just touch the pool stick and feel the golden dragon carving on your grip and let your wild spirit be a game-changer. It’s just you and your pool stick, and the pool balls! It’s your vision, your control, and your love for the game! And just like the dragon in your heart which will last forever, The Players D-DRG Midnight Black offers a lifetime warranty. Keep it and let it be YOUR game changer!
- Lifetime warranty!
- Its construction is made to keep the stick shape even after more extended usage.
- If you get into the game, you will immediately want to upgrade.
9) Players Classic Birds-Eye Maple Cue
The cue is with Triple Silver Rings Cue has a solid black genuine double-pressed Irish linen wrap for a superior, slip-free grip. This is more for intermediary players with a stainless steel joint collar with a 5/16 X 18 pin, which offers a precise and hard-solid hit.
Its hard-oak leather tip by Tweeten holds its shape longer, so it is perfect for consistent game and lasts long. Perfect for personal use and a good tool for becoming a pool professional! This pool stick comes in an average weight of 18 – 21 oz in half-ounce increments. This also guarantees a lifetime warranty, so it is also a perfect companion for life and can lead you to a path to professionalism!
- Durable Material – keeps its shape after multiple shots
- Strong hit
- Shots can create more challenging games if you are not a regular pool-player
10) Aska Set of 5 Pool Cue
The cues come in Black, Blue, Brown, Green, and Red is what you need to improve your game room. This also comes in different weights ranging from 18, 19, 19, 20, 21 ounces per stick. The length of the cue is also standard for pool cues with a 58″ and a Stainless Steel 5/16X18 Joint.
It is beautiful for your game room is made out of Hard Rock Canadian Maple and will not only be a great accessory for your pool gear, but it will also improve your game room (aesthetically and also in style).
- The pricing is perfect
- The Tip is glued and might deteriorate.
11) CUESOUL Jointed Cues [Best for Kids]
This cue stick is a perfect starter for your child! It is a good learning cue for the little one on becoming a professional, or just for fun nights with the family or friends! The length of the cue is also a little shorter than the average to fit for a more small grip.
The material of the stick is durable American Hardwood and also comes with a durable ABS Colloar with a 13millimetre leather tip! It is great – low price, and it is an excellent choice for a kid’s training table! There are also multiple color choices and can make a great gift to the little one!
- Durable stick with durable leather-tip
- Affordable price
- If the child gets into the game, a better might be needed immediately
12) Viking Valhalla 2 Piece Stick
The Valhalla Cue Stick is great for intense pool nights with friends or family! The design of this makes it a perfect accessory for the game room with an Irish Linen Wrap. The length is also average for a pool stick at 58,” and the tip is leather 13 millimetre making it durable to hard hits and multiple usages.
There are multiple colors that you can choose from, and it is aesthetically pleasing for your pool gear! Being a two-piece cue, it is also easy for transport, and in case it ever breaks, there is a Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty (Even against Warping!). The Stainless Steel 5/16″ X 18 Threaded Joint makes this is great for novice players, and it can lead to style improvements due to the hardwood material as well as the great tip.
- Leather tip making it for great shots (and durable)
- Lifetime warranty (even against warping!)
- Affordable price
- The design is not for everyone
13) Players D-JS White Dripping Card Suits Cue
The Players D-JS White with Jester on Pool Balls and Dripping Card Suits Cue is an excellent choice for the intermediary to professional level billiard lovers! This black Mz Multi-Zone Grip wrap with the skull design shows separate traction zones for precise grip and consistent torque. This is excellent for long games and guarantees a firm grip and no slipping.
The Stainless Steel, joint collar with a 5 / 16 X 18 pin, provides a rock-hard solid hit. If you are looking to exercise your pool skills and are more than an apprentice, then this is for you! Not only this pool-stick is made for a hard grip and definite hit, the 13mm premium Le Professional Le Pro Tip is hard-oak leather tip-made and keeps the shape longer for more uniform and consistent play. The weight of the cue is average with an 18 – 21 ounce, and it also offers a Lifetime Warranty.
- Leather oak-wood tip for consistent and uniform games
- Hard and Solid Hits
Choose the Best Pool Cues for Quality and Type of Wood
My uncle Robert has taught me everything about the pool. He has played since he was a child and has tried all the cues from the cheapest ones of less than 20 dollars to more than $2500 personalized dollars. He has worked together with his best friend in a billiard business for long. Therefore he is a person who always asks him I want to know about cues of any kind.
Today it is difficult to buy a lousy cue, although this is cheap since most brands do well and last long. A few years ago, this was different, and it was not easy to buy a quality cue.
Now the cues have an excellent reputation, and even better than many cue distributors are in Amazon, which will arrive at your house in a couple of days. It is now possible to buy a good cue for less than $200 and a great pool cue for $1000 and cues made with exotic inlays a little more expensive.
Classification of the Cues
Wood is still one of the primary raw materials of pool cues. It is mainly for appearance rather than performance. The critical thing to remember about a pool cue is that, if properly cured, it will probably remain straight no matter the grade of the wood. The only way to know if a cue is right for you is to see the reputation of the manufacturer or brand.
Main Aspects When Selecting a Cue
Now, these are the main things I look for when I select a cue. Then I feel the balance and turn it a little to see if the weight distribution feels smooth.
Sometimes, a cue can weigh in strange ways, so a 19-ounce pool cue will be uncomfortable if its weight is poorly distributed, while another 19-ounce pool cue could feel effortless and like an extension of your arm.
And the only way to know if a cue is right for you is to play with it.
How To Understand a Good Cue Just by Looking at It?
We will try to answer it.
A short answer will be complicated for a trainee and more comfortable to understand for an experienced player. So let’s summarize some options first:
- When you pass your hand to the mounted cue, it is soft to the touch.
- There are no leading edges.
- You can pass the nail lightly on the cue without staining.
- It has a smooth finish and no visible scratches.
- There are no defects.
- If you see one with the opposite that I tell you here, it is not a quality cue.
Ferrule & tip
- The ferrule should be flush with the shaft, and the tip should be flush with the ferrule without glue is visible.
- The tip should be well joined, and you should not be able to pull it out with your finger.
- The tip should have the shape of an even dome.
- If you see that the tip is neglected, do not trust the cue.
- The joint of the block must be aligned and join when they are screwed.
- There must be no spaces at any point between the shaft and the cylinder head when they are screwed.
- The pin should be perfectly centered in the back.
- If it were not so, it could mean that it was cut at an angle to force it into its shape, It means that it is in a state of stress rather than in a state of rest.
- The parts should go together quickly and comfortably.
- There should not be any piece of wood or glue anywhere in this area.
- The wrap should be soft and level with the block.
- If it is a rope wrap, such as Irish Linen, it should be gently pressed without knots or raised areas — no loose threads.
- If it is leather, then the seam should be soft and almost invisible.
- If it is rubber, then it should be clean and not greasy or sticky, since some rubbers degrade faster than others and will always ooze.
- Higher-grade rubber and silicone will feel slightly cool and dry.
- People have had the impression that only a transparent maple shaft without grain is excellent, and everything else is terrible.
- All this occurred due to the commercialization of a particular cue manufacturer who was in the practice of whitening the shafts to make it “white” and clear.
- This practice breaks the cellular structure and makes it more susceptible to deformation.
- Bleaching was simply a way to make the lower grade shaft appear to have a higher grade.
Buying Guide – Pool cue
Although this point may have several differences between models, we will mention some data that could serve as a reference. First, you can find cues with measurements between 145 and 150 cm that are the most used.
But shorter variants are depending on the player’s height and the space available to play. That’s why there are alternatives of up to 100 cm that allow you greater freedom of movement without bumping into a wall and are suitable for recreational games.
Another measure that could have variations in the tip or the arrow, and you will find diameters that oscillate between 9 and 13 mm. It can make a difference in the blow, only consider that to give effects to the balls, and it may be more advisable to have a diameter less.
The feeling that a cue grants you has a lot to do with the results you can get. That’s why in a comparison of cues stand out those that offer solidity.
It can be achieved even though they are made up of one or more pieces. In this regard, you should only look for the mechanism that joins them to be active and provide a substantial assembly, since this feature allows the moment you hit the ball to transmit all the impulse you want, without getting lost in any union that could cushion it
Between the options of the market, you will be able to find that generally, this assembly is realized using screws. So the tightening helps to finally shape the whole in a single rigid and robust piece.
Another characteristic that we can analyze in an object of this type is that it has the appropriate feel. The grip is the section where the righthand is placed and which will have the job of pushing the cue towards the ball.
For this reason, this area must have a proper grip, so it will not slip, causing the blow to lose power. Some materials that can be added in this section are rubber, leather, or linen, although it depends mostly on the preferences of the player since some people tend to have hands with a certain degree of humidity that allows them a good grip even without the grip.
There is the section of the toe that is preferred to be completely smooth and soft. It is for this reason that many models put particular emphasis on offering careful polishing for the studs.
It is possible to find cues of different materials, although they are given high acceptance to those that are made of maple or ash, this is because they are very hard and resistant woods that absorb impacts well, while they offer a beautiful and decorative tone.
But you can find exciting variants with other woods, although depending on how exotic they might be in the cost. But do not worry, you can find cues made of suitable that are good and cheap.
Also, it is worth mentioning that you may find some models that have a carbon fiber cylinder inside, which may be interesting for some users since it allows them a more excellent reinforcement that may be convenient.
In this section, we must mention that among the games that seek to combine elegance with efficiency in their tools is billiards.
Thats why we often find pieces that have detailed work, adding inlays or decorative patterns on the handles or other sections to look good on each shot. In this respect, it will be your budget and personal tastes that will determine if the external appearance of the cue meets your expectations.
How to buy a billiard cue without seeing it, touching it, and without being able to play it before?
These days, there are thousands of pool cues available to the buyer through the Internet. If you are a beginner, it is tough to buy a good cue, but this article will cover you for that.
The first thing you should consider is the reputation of the distributor. How long have they been in the business, what is their return policy, what kind of guarantees do the cues have?
Next, how well do the arrows present? Are the photos clear and significant so that you can see the details?
Keep in mind that the arrow shown is probably not the arrow you will get unless it is a small custom manufacturer. But people who take the time and care to show you high-resolution detail information have nothing to hide and are trying to let you see the quality of the cue as best they can over the Internet.
People who use small, low-resolution images should avoid it. On the Internet, the general premise is that the customer can get tons of information and, if the seller is not willing to take the time to provide precise descriptions and large images, then it is better to look for another vendor.
As I said before, it’s hard to buy a “bad” cue, but you should limit your online purchases to the retailers that back their products with 100% satisfaction guarantees. I ensure that when you get your cue if it’s just not a good option, you can return it and try again.
The modern billiard cues have become well-designed tools to award you maximum control over the cue ball.
Not all arrows will look the same, but almost all the arrows sold by a reputable store are right enough to win world championships.
Finally, when you understand something, there are many things you can do to adjust it more so that it is to your liking.
Opinions and Frequently Asked Questions
Surely you are interested in knowing the views and answers to the most frequent questions that you can find about the pool cues. If that’s the case, you should continue reading this section so that you can learn a bit more about the pool cue.
What is a Pool Cue, and what is it for?
The pool stick or billiard cue is the name given to an instrument that is used to sharpen the aim and provide the ball in pool games, which are generally made of maple wood. Still, you can also find them manufactured with other materials such as fiberglass, carbon fiber, etc.
They are characterized by having a much thicker end compared to the other, mainly because the thick end is where you have the grip, and the thin end is the one that will point to the ball and play the right shot. The length can be variable and is between 1.30 to 1.45 m, although everything depends on the brand and model and also the game mode in which you will use it. Billiard Gloves can also help you to play this game better.
What Advantages and Benefits do Pool Cues offer?
The main advantages and benefits offered by these pool clubs are the comfort to hold them at the time of hitting the ball and offer the precise blow that can make a winner.
Another of the advantages offered by these products is that since they are part of the instruments to use in the game, they will grant you manual and visual coordination as well as helping you in direct concentration in the game, improving your attention and motor skills of your body.
That’s all for today, we have listed almost all the great pieces of pool cue available on the market, our target is to make it a handbook for buying your next cue sticks. Always chalk your cue, break using a break cue, clean your billiard balls regularly to make them shine, and change your table periodically, and cover your pool table after playing. That’s how you can keep it usable for an extended period.
- 1 Our Top Choices of Best Pool Cues of 2021
- 1.1 1) Players Technology Series HXT15 Cue[Best for Intermediate Level]
- 1.2 2) Lucasi Custom Sneaky Pete Pool Cue
- 1.3 2) EastPoint Sports Composite Sticks
- 1.4 3) Hardwood Canadian Billiard Sticks
- 1.5 4) EastPoint Sports Deluxe Cue
- 1.6 5) Players 1 Piece Sticks
- 1.7 6) Viper Commercial 1-Piece Hardwood Pool Sticks
- 1.8 7) Players D-DRG Midnight Black with Golden Dragons Cue
- 1.9 9) Players Classic Birds-Eye Maple Cue
- 1.10 10) Aska Set of 5 Pool Cue
- 1.11 11) CUESOUL Jointed Cues [Best for Kids]
- 1.12 12) Viking Valhalla 2 Piece Stick
- 1.13 13) Players D-JS White Dripping Card Suits Cue
- 2 Choose the Best Pool Cues for Quality and Type of Wood
- 3 Classification of the Cues
- 4 Main Aspects When Selecting a Cue
- 5 How To Understand a Good Cue Just by Looking at It?
- 6 Buying Guide – Pool cue
- 7 How to buy a billiard cue without seeing it, touching it, and without being able to play it before?
- 8 Opinions and Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 Conclusion