So, Billiard or pool cue is one of the main tools of this game with which we push the cue ball to insert target balls in the pocket. And Buying them is not an easy task. That is why we have listed the best picks from the market.
Our Top Choices of Best Pool Cues of 2020
- Players Technology Series HXT15 Cue[Best for Intermediate Level]
- EastPoint Sports Composite Billiard Pool Cue
- Hardwood Canadian Maple Billiard Sticks
- EastPoint Sports Deluxe Wood Billiard Pool Cue
- Players Set of 1 Piece Pool Cue Sticks
- Viper Commercial 1-Piece Hardwood Billiard Sticks
- Players D-DRG Midnight Black with Golden Dragons Cue
- 4 Pool Cues New 58″ Billiard House Bar Pool
- Players Classic Birds-Eye Maple Billiard Cue
- Aska Set of 5 L2 Billiard Pool Cues, 58″ Hard Rock Canadian Maple
- CUESOUL Jointed Billiard Pool Cue [Best for Kids]
- Viking Valhalla 2 Piece Pool Cue Stick
- Players D-JS White Dripping Card Suits Cue
- Hardwood Canadian Maple Pool Cue Billiard Stick
- CUESOUL Rockin Series Maple Pool Cue Stick
- Carom Cue Buffalo Premium 1
- 2 Piece 2 x Short Pool 36 Cues by SGS
- Powerglide Union Jack Unisex International Pool Cue
- Mark Richard Handmade Snooker Cue Kit
To get good results in your shots when playing pool, it could be highly recommended that you acquire the right cue, and to help you find it, we will let you know a little more about the options offered by the market and the features of the featured models. In our list, we have included different types of pool cues so that you measure between the performance and pricing.
Players Technology Series HXT15 Cue[Best for Intermediate Level]
It’s a fantastic choice for an intermediate player. This Pool Cue is customizable, available in seven weights ranging from 18 to 21 ounces with options at every half ounce! The design on the cue butt is diamond and pincher-style graphic points and stainless steel joint collar. It just looks beautiful.
And it is easy to use! With a Kamui Black Soft Tip for superior grip, spin and durability, and HXT High-tech low deflection ferrule with unique lightweight polymer core, this piece is like owning an expensive car! The slightest change of touch will change the whole course of the ball! To keep it basic: This two-piece pool cue is what you need if you want to perfect your pool game as well as create a more challenging game with your friends!
- High-shot precision (Low deflection shaft drastically reduces ball deflection)
- High precision shots can create more challenging games if you are not regular pool-player.
EastPoint Sports Composite Billiard Pool Cue
The EastPoint Sports Composite Billiard Pool Cue is certainly THE choice for your fun evenings at home with friends or family! Got a pool in your basement or garage but didn’t know what Pool Cues to choose? Well, worry no more because this product is what you need! Good quality for a low-price, this pool-play accessory is easy to use, light to the hand, provides power to the shots and will guarantee the touch of a pro on that 8-ball!
It is a right ‘starter’ product which you can use to learn more about this beautiful game. Plus, the design is neat! Just put this baby on the wall, and the room will undoubtedly look like its game night! The grip is micro-fiber, premium fiberglass material, and for this low-priced 58-inch cue, it is a good starting point for going from amateur to pro, or just the excellent foundation of a cool-party!
- Durable material (fiberglass construction with graphite reinforcement)
- Comfortable to the grip (micro-fiber grip, designed for comfort and control)
- Best on this price point
- If you get into the sport, you will quickly want to upgrade to a better cue.
Hardwood Canadian Maple Billiard Sticks
Do you love playing pool in your man-cave, or with your family? Are you looking for a good-quality pool cue at a good-quality price? Well, look no more! The Iszy Billiards set is what you need! This lot of 4 pieces Hardwood Canadian Maple Pool Cue Billiard Table Stick is exactly what you need!
You don’t have to be a pro to own the Hardwood Canadian Maple Pool Cue, but it can lead to becoming one! Light to the hand weighing from 18 to 21 oz (left to right), and with aesthetically pleasing Irish linen wrap, this product is terrific for game night with your friends and family! The Iszy Billiards Set is just the thing you need for your friendly tournament at home. The beautiful design makes it also a must-accessory for your game room. Don’t hesitate and get this product now!
- Aesthetically Pleasing with an Irish linen wrap
- Quality price for a set of 4 pieces
- Glued leather tip, but cause it to deteriorate after extended use.
EastPoint Sports Deluxe Wood Billiard Pool Cue
Are you looking for a professional product at a good-quality price? Well, the EastPoint Sports Deluxe Wood Billiard Pool Cue – 57 inch – Nylon Grip is something you might need in your collection of pool gear! This 20 oz piece is perfect for competitive as well as casual players! It’s the right starting product if you want to get a professional later.
The nylon grip on this baby is designed for your comfort and your control. It’s efficient not just for professional shots, but for professional parties! And it makes for an excellent accessory for your pool gear! The aesthetically pleasing design is carved on Canadian Maple wood, and it’s not just for showing off to your friends.
Still, the material is specially made to resist warping as the product gets overused by awesome parties or hard and intense pool-learning sessions!
- Canadian Maple Wood featuring proper curing to resist warping
- Nylon grip designed for comfort and better control
- The plastic cap on the bottom isn’t high-quality and sometimes comes open
Players Set of 1 Piece Pool Cue Sticks
Good quality pool cue, perfect for your personal use as well as for parties, or if you own a bar. This Players Set of 1 Piece Pool Cue Sticks is excellent for professional quality or residential use (4 to 8 cues). Great pricing for good-quality cues, carved from the heart of North American-Forest, and made from Maple wood.
The genuine four-prong construction is excellent for an American rock-solid hit on that 8-ball! The 58″ length is perfect for almost all players, and the high-impact fiber ferrule has a lifetime guarantee of not cracking up. The linen ring around the base of the cue is also there to prevent cracking.
The only thing that this beauty will break is intense pool sessions! You don’t have to be a professional to own this beautiful set of pool sticks! You only need to be in love with parties. And the pool!
- Lifetime guarantee of not cracking up after prolonged use
- A high gloss finish protects against fading and warping
- If you get into the game, you will immediately want to upgrade to a better product
Viper Commercial 1-Piece Hardwood Billiard Sticks
Looking for a good-quality pool stick at a good-quality price? Don’t have a big space at home in your pool-room? Well, stop scrolling! Just stop scrolling and look at this beauty! This was made for your environment! For your party-nights, for your friends, family and your love for the wonderful game of pool!
The Viper Commercial 1-Piece Hardwood Billiard/Pool House Cue is an excellent product made from quality hardwood and at just 36″ or 48″ this cue works excellent for rooms where space is tight! Want to get that perfect shot before you close the game, but the wall behind you doesn’t give enough space for your vision?
Well, the Viper Commercial 1 was made to encourage your pool creativity! Like we always say: You don’t need to be a professional (or a novice) to own such a beautiful piece. You need a pool table, your pool balls and your vision for the game, or your chill on Sunday evening with your friends.
- Coated in 9 layers of varnish to prevent warpage
- Smaller stick perfect for small spaces or small hands
- smaller size could be a disadvantage if you have large hands or are a tall person
Read More – Best Billiard Balls
Players D-DRG Midnight Black with Golden Dragons Cue
You are a person of taste! You enjoy the oriental designs, and you love pool and deep-down you feel there is a dragon in your heart! Well, the Players D-DRG Midnight Black with Golden Dragons Cue thinks the same about you! This aesthetically pleasing oak stick with a professional leather tip is made to keep shape longer and will keep your game uniform even after numerous pool sessions!
Just touch the pool stick and feel the golden dragon carving on your grip and let your wild spirit be a game-changer. It’s just you and your pool stick, and the billiard balls! It’s your vision, your control, and your love for the game! And just like the dragon in your heart which will last forever, The Players D-DRG Midnight Black offers a lifetime warranty. Keep it and let it be YOUR game changer!
- Lifetime warranty!
- Construction of product is made to keep the stick shape even after more extended usage
- If you get into the game, you will immediately want to upgrade to a better product
4 Pool Cues New 58″ Billiard House Bar Pool
The Set of 4 Pool Cues New 58″ Billiard House Bar Pool Cue Sticks is a good option for a low-price good quality product. This product is made from hardwood and has a standard weight of 18 oz, making it perfect for residential use. The product also has a nice design, so it is also an excellent accessory for a room dedicated to games or parties.
Perfect use for a bar environment or personal use at home, the Billiard House Bar Pool Cue comes not just at a low price but also a 13 mm leather cue tip. A great choice for a 4-set pool stick for your business or your home and a great start if you are looking to upgrade your pool-game!
- Good quality for the low price
- 13mm leather cue tips are excellent for precision shots
- If you get good at the game, you might want to upgrade to a better product immediately
Players Classic Birds-Eye Maple Billiard Cue
The Players Classic Birds-Eye Maple with Triple Silver Rings Cue has a solid black genuine double-pressed Irish linen wrap for a superior, slip-free grip. This product is more for intermediary players with a stainless steel joint collar with 5/16 X 18 pin, which gives a precise and hard-solid hit.
For such a quality product, its hard-oak leather tip by Tweeten holds its shape longer, so it is perfect for consistent game and lasts to usage in time. Perfect for personal use and a good tool for becoming a pool professional! This pool stick comes in the average weight of 18 – 21 oz in half-ounce increments. The product also guarantees a lifetime warranty, so it is also a perfect companion for life and can lead you to a path to professionalism!
- Durable Material – keeps its shape after multiple shots
- Strong hit
- High precision shots can create more challenging games if you are not a regular pool-player
Aska Set of 5 L2 Billiard Pool Cues, 58″ Hard Rock Canadian Maple
The Aska Set of 5 L2 Billiard Pool Cues comes in Black, Blue, Brown, Green, and Red is what you need to improve your game room. This product also comes in different weights ranging from 18, 19, 19, 20, 21 ounces per stick. The length of the product is also standard for pool cues with a 58″ and a Stainless Steel 5/16X18 Joint.
This beautiful set for your game room is made out of Hard Rock Canadian Maple and will not only be a great accessory for your pool gear, but it will also improve your game room (aesthetically and also in style).
- Good-price quality product
- The 13mm Tip is glued and might deteriorate over time
CUESOUL Jointed Billiard Pool Cue [Best for Kids]
The CUESOUL 48″ Junior Kid Billiard Cue Stick is a perfect starter-product for your child! It is a good learning-product for the little one on becoming a professional, or just for fun nights with the family or friends! The length of the cue is also a little shorter than the average to fit for a more little hand.
The material of the stick is durable American Hardwood and also comes with a durable ABS Colloar with a 13mm leather cue tip! This product is high-quality – low price, and it is an excellent choice for a kid’s training pool-table! There are also multiple color choices and can make a great gift to the little one!
- Durable stick with durable leather-tip
- Good quality-price
- If the child gets into the game, a better product might be needed immediately
Viking Valhalla 2 Piece Pool Cue Stick
The Viking Valhalla 2 Piece Pool Cue Stick is great for those intense pool-nights with friends or family! The design of this product makes it a perfect accessory for the game room with an Irish Linen Wrap. The length is also average for a pool stick at 58,” and the tip is leather 13mm making it durable to hard hits and multiple usages over time.
There are multiple colors that you can choose from, and it is an aesthetically pleasing product for your pool gear! Being a two-piece product, it is also easy for transport, and in case it ever brakes, there is a Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty (Even against Warping!). The Stainless Steel 5/16″ X 18 Threaded Joint makes this product great for novice players, and it can lead to style-improvements due to the hardwood material as well as the high-quality tip.
- Leather tip making it for precision shots (and durable)
- Lifetime warranty (even against warping!)
- Good quality-price
- Getting into the game might make you in need of a better product immediately
Players D-JS White Dripping Card Suits Cue
The Players D-JS White with Jester on Pool Balls and Dripping Card Suits Cue is an excellent choice for the intermediary to professional players! The Solid black Mz Multi-Zone Grip wrap with the skull design gives separate traction zones for precise grip and consistent hand torque. This product is excellent for long games and guarantees a firm grip and no hand-slipping.
The Stainless Steel, joint collar with a 5 / 16 X 18 pin, gives a rock-hard solid hit. If you are looking to exercise your pool skills and are more than an apprentice, then this product is for you! Not only this pool-stick is made for a hard grip and definite hit, the 13mm premium Le Professional Le Pro Tip is hard-oak leather tip-made and keeps the shape longer for more uniform and consistent play. The weight of the cue is average with an 18 – 21 ounce, and it also offers a Lifetime Warranty.
- Leather oak-wood tip for consistent and uniform games
- Good-grip for fewer hand-slips
- Hard and Solid Hits
Hardwood Canadian Maple Pool Cue Billiard Stick
The 58″ 2 Piece Hardwood Canadian Maple Pool Cue Billiard stick with Irish wrap is a good product for an amateur player looking to improve the playing style or just for fun nights with friends, or family, or colleagues! It is easy to use with different weights from 18 to 19, 20, and 21 Ounces and an average length for Pool Sticks.
The wood is high-quality and durable, and the tip is leather 13mm fiber ferrule for precision shots. The joint is steel-made, and it gives a strong bond between the pieces. There are multiple colors as well as styles to choose from, and it is a perfect addition to the game room!
- Low-price good quality
- Leather tip for precision shots
- Leather tip is glued and can separate from the rest of the body in case of multiple shots on a short period
- Joint is steel and can deteriorate if not taking care of in time
CUESOUL Rockin Series Maple Pool Cue Stick
The CUESOUL 57″ Pool Cue Stick Kit – Rocking Series is a perfect addition for your man-cave! You don’t just get the 2-piece stick but also Joint Protectors, one-piece billiard towel, and one blue carrying cue bag. Get this baby and brag in front of your friends with your aesthetically pleasing product made from North Canadian Hard Maple Wood and with a leather tip of 13 mm for ultimate ball precision shots and control!
The Black and White Linen Wrap are Genuine Irish, and the joint is stainless steel M / 18. The product comes in multiple colors to choose from and different weights for your comfort as well as grip from 18 to 19, 20, and 21 ounces. This product is great for starters to intermediate players and can lead to improving your style.
Not only that, this product comes with other perks and the fact that it looks great, but this pool cue is also durably made and was created for precision and hard shots. It is a product not just to have fun with, but also perfect for style improvement and precision exercise.
- Leather tip for control and precision shots
- Multiple colors and weights to choose from
- Multiple item kit
- Improving your style might make you in need of a better product immediately
Carom Cue Buffalo Premium 1
On the other hand, this cue has a well-balanced manufacturing and a solid structure, which, although it does not have carbon fiber in its composition, can create an authentic feeling in every shot.
Regarding its grip, it is worth mentioning that it has a comfortable rubber section and to er adequate durability and a convenient sliding on each shot,
This model has been subjected to 12 layers of lacquer applied by hand to give it that soft texture that is needed at the tip. Also, it can be a good recommendation for demanding players looking to improve their game.
Buffalo could be considered the best brand of billiard cues available in the market since it offers quality, strength, and durability in each of its exceptional models for experienced players or newbies.
- This cue is composed of exotic woods being the same the rosewood and the maple. These together make a very striking color contrast.
- As for its structure, it is robust and balanced, and although it does not have carbon fiber, it is also capable of giving you a reliable and accessible shot during each game.
- Its texture is smooth and suitable for each phase of the game since the cue has 12 layers of lacquer applied by hand.
- It should be noted that it is thoroughly recommended for the use of professional players who seek to advance considerably in each game.
- Its cost is somewhat high. However, the functionality it has to offer justifies its price.
2 Piece 2 x Short Pool 36 Cues by SGS
For children who want to venture into this exciting sport, the model of the SGL brand could answer the question of which is the best pool cue. On the one hand, it has a size of 91.4 cm, which may be suitable for small spaces or use by children because it is light.
On the other hand, it can be attractive that the set includes two studs and four toes, which allows you to make a change in case of deterioration. This can also provide adequate use for longer and avoid the hassle of having to look for replacements.
In terms of design, they offer an excellent finish and wood details with black tinted sections, which give this set a classic style. While however, each block is divided into two parts, which is considered convenient and practical if you need to store them.
SGL offers you the best billiard cue for 30 euros. What supposes a product with great relation between the price and the quality that can offer you. Besides, it is one of the cheapest models in the market.
- This billiard cue has a size of 91.4 centimeters in length. Therefore, it is suitable for use in small spaces by the smallest of the house.
- In this opportunity, we talk about a set that includes two studs and four toes, being these adequate to make the change of some when necessary.
- In addition to providing a good design, it offers a classic and unique style with details in black.
- These plugs are so practical that you can quickly unite and detach them to help storage after each use.
- It is essential to mention that this pool cue is not for professional use. Therefore some users comment that they only help you with spending a good pleasure time.
Powerglide Union Jack Unisex International Pool Cue
If you like to experiment with alternatives to the classic, you could count this model among the best billiard cues of 2018, for its design that includes the England flag visible in the toe area.
Among its main features, we can mention that it has a length of 144 cm and a tip with a size of 10 mm for greater precision. So it could be an option to play different billiard styles effectively.
On the other hand, note that it has a hardwood manufacturing, which can allow precise hits on each occasion thanks to its strength. While however, it’s coating in rubber Wrap provides comfort to hold this cue and balance the shot without problems.
Also, it includes a cover so that you store this block in a way when you are not using it, which can help to keep it better.
If you want to acquire the best billiard cue of the moment, then you should consider both the dimensions and the type of manufacturing available in the model that most attracts your attention.
- As for its dimensions, they are 144 centimeters long, while the tip has a size of 10 millimeters.
- This cue is made of hardwood, which gives it adequate resistance, as well as the opportunity to hit the billiard balls accurately.
- The best of all is that it is included in a case where you can store it and keep it taken care of.
- Different users have commented that the tip of this cue usually comes off easily since it is stuck to the rest of it with a slightly flimsy glue.
Mark Richard Handmade Snooker Cue Kit
Among the traits that we can highlight for this cue is the fact that it has been manufactured by hand, which makes each piece of this particular model. Also, in its design, you can see maple and rosewood woods that are characterized by their beauty and peculiar tones, which have been combined in a way that creates subtle and attractive patterns along the body and the toe.
As for its dimensions, this model has a length of 152.4 cm, with a tip of 9 to 9.5 mm, which is why it is considered a high precision cue. While on the other hand, you will be pleased to know that you can conveniently transport this cue thanks to its aluminum case with a sponge inside.
For all these characteristics, combined with its cost, we could well consider this model as the best billiard cue of value for money.
Being able to know which billiard cue to buy will depend in large part on the dimensions you have or even the accessories you include for your care.
- This cue stands out among many for its manufacture since it has been at hand. Therefore, we are facing an artisan model and of high quality.
- The dimensions available in it are 152.4 centimeters long while its tip is 9 to 9.5 millimeters, which means an adequate level of accuracy.
- The transport method is practical and suitable, thanks to the aluminum case with a sponge inside that are supplied with it.
- Different users have commented that the finish of this pool cue is not the most appropriate, as some have even found dents in it.
AB Earth 2-Piece 57″ 58″ Pool Cue/Pool Stick Ergonomic Design Hardwood Canadian Maple Billiard Cue
The IQ brand brings us this time one of the cheapest billiard cues that can be found in the market. However, it combines qualities that can make it practical to be used in recreational games, and that could help develop your skill in this discipline without having to invest too much money.
To talk about its features, we will start by saying that this model offers a length of 92 cm, including the toe, which is comfortable for small places and has a toe of 11 mm in diameter, which you can easily replace because it includes in the set 4 spare parts. Thus, you will have enough to improve your shots before looking for spare parts.
In its design, we can appreciate a classic style with the traditional combinations of black and wood, as well as some subtle rings in relief that decorate the body to give it more appeal.
If you are a professional pool player or you are starting in the practice of this sport of precision, you must take into account the purchase of a sound cue with which to hit the balls accurately.
- The dimensions of this billiard cue are 92 centimeters long, while the tip is 11 millimeters in diameter.
- We are talking about a set where four parts are included, so you can replace the one that already shows traces of wear.
- This cue has a classic design that highlights the combination of black with wood color.
- According to the characteristics of this cue, some professional players may consider it as a fundamental and proper model to spend leisure time playing pool.
Best Cheap Pool Cues
In BilliardGuides.com, we want to make it easy for our fans to the pool tables. Our job is to analyze and compare the different models and brands of billiard sticks to offer the best information to our users and that they can compare and make the purchase of the billiard stick that best suits their needs.
This brand offers you excellence, and this time, you can combine your qualities with an effective shot mainly if you use in this type of recreational game one of its main products, such as the pool cue. If you want to develop your skills in this discipline, do not be afraid to get away from where you are and get this product that is considered a bargain of the market.
Talking about its characteristics means that it has a length of 92 cm, including the toe. Also, for small places and little space, this cue is ideal and easily manipulated, without leaving aside the fact that you can use this product to entertain and entertain you.
Thanks to the design of this product, you will be able to appreciate at all times a classic style, but that has a traditional combination between the black color and the manufacturing material in which wood is used. You will also have enough cues to improve your shots as it includes a set of four products.
Choose the Best Pool Cues for Quality and Type of Wood
My uncle Robert has taught me everything about billiards. He has played billiards since he was a child and has tried all the cues from the cheapest ones of less than 20 dollars to more than $2500 personalized dollars. He has worked together with his best friend in a billiard business for a long time. Therefore he is a person who always asks him every time I want to know about cues of any kind.
Today it is difficult to buy a lousy cue, although this is cheap since most brands do well and last a long time. Some time ago, this was different, and it was not easy to buy a quality cue.
Now the cues have an excellent reputation, and even better than many cue distributors are in Amazon, which will arrive at your house in a couple of days. It is now possible to buy a good cue for less than $200 and a great pool cue for $1000 and cues made with exotic inlays a little more expensive.
Classification of the Cues
Wood is still one of the primary raw materials of pool cues. It is mainly for appearance rather than performance. The critical thing to remember about a pool cue is that, if properly cured, it will probably remain straight no matter the grade of the wood. The only way to know if a billiard cue is right for you is to see the reputation of the manufacturer or brand.
Main Aspects When Selecting a Cue
Now, these are the main things I look for when I select a billiard cue. Then I feel the balance and turn it a little to see if the weight distribution feels smooth.
Sometimes, a cue can weigh in strange ways, so a 19-ounce pool cue will be uncomfortable if its weight is poorly distributed, while another 19-ounce pool cue could feel effortless and like an extension of your arm.
And the only way to know if a cue is right for you is to play with it.
How To Understand a Good Cue Just by Looking at It?
We will try to answer it.
A short answer will be complicated for a trainee and more comfortable to understand for an experienced player. So let’s summarize some options first:
- When you pass your hand to the mounted cue, it is soft to the touch.
- There are no leading edges.
- You can pass the nail lightly on the cue without staining.
- It has a smooth finish and no visible scratches.
- There are no defects.
- If you see one with the opposite that I tell you here, it is not a quality cue.
Ferrule and tip
- The ferrule should be flush with the shaft, and the tip should be flush with the ferrule without glue is visible.
- The tip should be well joined, and you should not be able to pull it out with your finger.
- The tip should have the shape of an even dome.
- If you see that the tip is neglected, do not trust the cue.
- The joint of the block must be aligned with the wood and join when they are screwed.
- There must be no spaces at any point between the shaft and the cylinder head when they are screwed.
- The pin should be perfectly centered in the back.
- If it were not so, it could mean that the wood was cut at an angle to force it into its shape, It means that it is in a state of stress rather than in a state of rest.
- The parts should go together quickly and comfortably.
- There should not be any piece of wood or glue anywhere in this area.
- The wrap should be soft and level with the block.
- If it is a rope wrap, such as Irish Linen, it should be gently pressed without knots or raised areas — no loose threads.
- If it is leather, then the seam should be soft and almost invisible.
- If it is rubber, then it should be clean and not greasy or sticky, since some rubbers degrade faster than others and will always ooze.
- Higher grade rubber and silicone will feel slightly cool and dry.
- For a long time, people have had the impression that only a transparent maple shaft without grain is excellent, and everything else is terrible.
- All this occurred due to the commercialization of a particular cue manufacturer who was in the practice of whitening the wood of shafts to make it “white” and clear.
- This practice breaks the cellular structure of the wood and makes it more susceptible to deformation.
- Bleaching was simply a way to make the wood of the lower grade shaft appear to have a higher grade.
Although this point may have several differences between models, we will mention some data that could serve as a reference. First, you can find cues with measurements between 145 and 150 cm that are the most used.
But shorter variants are depending on the player’s height and the space available to play. That’s why there are alternatives of up to 100 cm that give you greater freedom of movement without bumping into a wall and are suitable for recreational games.
Another measure that could have variations in the tip or the arrow, and you will find diameters that oscillate between 9 and 13 mm. It can make a difference in the blow, only consider that to give effects to the balls, and it may be more advisable to have a diameter less.
The feeling that a billiard cue gives you has a lot to do with the results you can get. That’s why in a comparison of billiard cues stand out those that offer solidity.
It can be achieved even though they are made up of one or more pieces. In this regard, you should only look for the mechanism that joins them to be active and provide a substantial assembly, since this feature allows the moment you hit the ball to transmit all the impulse you want to give, without getting lost in any union that could cushion it
Between the options of the market, you will be able to find that generally, this assembly is realized using screws. So the tightening helps to finally shape the whole in a single rigid and robust piece.
Another characteristic that we can analyze in an object of this type is that it has the appropriate feel. On the one hand, the grip or grip is the section where the right hand is placed and which will have the job of pushing the cue towards the ball.
For this reason, this area must have a proper grip, so it will not slip off your hand, causing the blow to lose power. Some materials that can be added in this section are rubber, leather or linen, although it depends mostly on the preferences of the player since some people tend to have hands with a certain degree of humidity that allows them a good grip even without the grip.
On the other hand, there is the section of the toe that is preferred to be completely smooth and soft, as it slides on the opposite hand. It is for this reason that many models put particular emphasis on offering careful polishing for the studs.
It is possible to find cues of different materials, although they are given high acceptance to those that are made of maple or ash wood, this is because they are very hard and resistant woods that absorb impacts well, while at the same time they offer a beautiful and decorative tone.
But you can find exciting variants with other woods, although depending on how exotic they might be in the cost. But do not worry, you can find cues made of suitable woods that are good and cheap.
Also, it is worth mentioning that you may find some models that have a carbon fiber cylinder inside, which may be interesting for some users since it gives them a more excellent reinforcement that may be convenient.
In this section, we must mention that among the sports that seek to combine elegance with efficiency in their tools is billiards.
Tha why we often find pieces that have detailed work, adding inlays or decorative patterns on the handles or other sections to look good on each shot. In this respect, it will be your budget and personal tastes that will determine if the external appearance of the cue meets your expectations.
What are the Best Pool Cues on the Market?
It might seem that acquiring pool cues is a simple task, but taking into account only how much it costs to base the decision may not be enough to obtain an adequate one. The truth is that as in other products, the variety of options can be surprising.
That is why we provide you with a guide to buying the best pool cue, intending to help you select the one that could be suitable based on your characteristics and your needs.
How to Use a Pool Cue
Many people are interested in playing pool every year and make this sport an effective alternative to relax while having fun. If you have recently purchased a pool cue and need some recommendations for its use, we have put together some tips that can be of help to improve your performance.
Hold the cue correctly
One of the best ways to get a hit in this sport is through the correct grip of the pool cue. That is why it is convenient that you devote a few minutes each time you practice to evaluate if you have an appropriate technique. Although there are several versions to perform and each player can develop different skills with each method, we will begin by analyzing how to hold if you want to make two types of shots that are related to the movement of either the wrist or the forearm.
For shots with effect
When the purpose of the blow is to cause a specific impact on the movement of the billiard ball, it may be necessary to release the wrist a little. This is achieved by holding the cue firmly using the thumb, index, and middle fingers. This can cause a rapid blow that transmits a lot of speed to the ball.
For precision shots
Generally, when you want to give more accuracy to the blow, it is advisable to hold the back of the block with your hand, enclosing the diameter of the block with all your fingers. Here you should find that the sliding movement of the cue is projected in a straight line towards the place where the ball should touch.
Choose the most comfortable point of support
Depending on the length of the player’s arms is that you can find a convenient support point to hold the cue and move it with precision. This is why there is no specific rule. Some keep it back further when the moves require more speed. It will be the practice that gives you the expertise about which place should be the right one, to provide the blow you need.
Apply the chalk on each shot
So that the stroke does not fail due to improper sliding when touching the ball, it is necessary that in each shot, you apply a layer of chalk on the crown or toe. This is even more important to perform caroms or shots with many effects. Now, the way to apply it correctly is as follows: Hold the chalk with the hand that has more precision and with the other hand, approaches the tip of the cue. Make curved movements that accompany the shape of the toe passing over it. In this way, the compounds adhere better. Avoid turning the pool cue in the chalk. Two or three applications may be sufficient to prepare the shot.
Keep your cue clean
Since sliding is a crucial point for a shot to be comfortable, you must keep the part of the arrow very clean using a brush so that nothing generates excessive friction stopping the blow. Among the players, a routine activity is to pass a soft cloth moistened in a little alcohol in this area to remove dirt.
Use Separate cue for jump and break
How to buy a billiard cue without seeing it, touching it, and without being able to play it before?
These days, there are thousands of pool cues available to the buyer through the Internet. If you are a beginner, it is tough to buy a good cue, but this article will cover you for that.
The first thing you should consider is the reputation of the distributor. How long have they been in the business, what is their return policy, what kind of guarantees do the cues have?
Next, how well do the arrows present? Are the photos clear and significant so that you can see the details?
Keep in mind that the arrow shown is probably not the arrow you will get unless it is a small custom manufacturer. But people who take the time and care to show you high-resolution detail information have nothing to hide and are trying to let you see the quality of the cue as best they can over the Internet.
People who use small, low-resolution images should avoid it. On the Internet, the general premise is that the customer can get tons of information and, if the seller is not willing to take the time to provide precise descriptions and large images, then it is better to look for another vendor.
As I said before, it’s hard to buy a “bad” cue, but you should limit your online purchases to the retailers that back their products with 100% satisfaction guarantees. I ensure that when you get your cue if it’s just not a good option, you can return it and try again.
Remember that a billiard cue is a precision instrument.
The modern billiard cues have become well-designed tools to give you maximum control over the cue ball.
Not all arrows will look the same, but almost all the arrows sold by a reputable store are right enough to win world championships.
Finally, when you understand something, there are many things you can do to adjust it more so that it is to your liking.
Opinions and Frequently Asked Questions
Surely you are interested in knowing the views and answers to the most frequent questions that you can find about the pool cues. If that’s the case, you should continue reading this section so that you can learn a bit more about the pool cue.
What is a Pool Cue, and what is it for?
The pool stick or billiard cue is the name given to an instrument that is used to sharpen the aim and provide the ball in pool games, which are generally made of maple wood. Still, you can also find them manufactured with other materials such as fiberglass, carbon fiber, etc.
They are characterized by having a much thicker end compared to the other, mainly because the thick end is where you have the grip, and the thin end is the one that will point to the ball and give the right shot. The length can be variable and is between 1.30 to 1.45 m, although everything depends on the brand and model and also the game mode in which you will use it. Billiard Gloves can also help you to play this game better.
What Advantages and Benefits do Pool Cues offer?
The main advantages and benefits offered by these pool clubs are the comfort to hold them at the time of hitting the ball and give the precise blow that can make a winner.
Another of the advantages offered by these products is that since they are part of the instruments to use in the pool game, they will grant you manual and visual coordination as well as helping you in direct concentration in the game, improving your attention and motor skills of your body.
Disadvantages of Pool Cues
The buyers do not reflect significant difficulties in these products, although it can be mentioned that if you buy a product of poor quality, it can be broken in the same moment in which you hit it with some surrounding object. On the other hand, some products may not be precise enough according to the game mode in which you find yourself.
That’s all for today, we have listed almost all the great piece of pool cue available on the market, our target is to make it a handbook for buying your next cue sticks. Always chalk your cue, break using a break cue, clean your billiard balls regularly to make them shine, and change your table periodically, and cover your pool table after playing. That’s how you can keep it usable and extended long period of time.