The sport of billiards is one that requires a lot of skill, patience, and precision. The break cue in particular is what separates the amateur from the pro.
Whether you are playing pool or snooker, having a dedicated break cue can make all the difference between winning and losing.
In a Hurry? Check out our expert’s choice!
Iszy Billiards 2 Piece Break Cue
- Maple wood construction
- 23 Ounces
- Great cue ball control
- connected with steel joints
Rage Heavy Hitter Break Cue
- High-quality tip
- Ideal weight for a break cue
- Great control
PureX HXT P2 Break cue
- Durable Construction
- Super-hard XLG Quad Face tip
- Superb grip
Best Break Cue Reviews in 2022 [Expert’s Choice]
Billiard Guides experts have tested a wide range of break cues from different vendors and models. The best break cue when it comes to quality, budget, and performance is the Iszy Billiard Break Cue which will only cost you less than the premium pick!
[TOP PICK!] Iszy Billiard Break Cue
Best for Beginners
- Cue tip made from leather
- Canadian maple wood
- Heavy item – 23 Ounces
- Sticks connected with steel joints
And in this break cue review, we will talk about the difference between the traditional pool cues and break cues and will help you to buy the most affordable on your budget.
Iszy Billiard Break Cue [Best for Beginners, Leather Tip]
This break cue is excellent for both Breaks as well as regular usage. It is made from hardwood Canadian Maple Wood and has a length of 58 inches, and this tool is excellent for those who want to perfect their accuracy game and prefer a more hard-shot game.
This break cue can also be used for the regular game but with the extra power to each shot! Keep in mind that it is a heavy item at 23 ounces, and it is a long cue. It is one of the best natural wood cues to buy as a jump break cue.
The glued leather tip will also decrease the times you have to re-apply chalk in the cue after the power shot, and it is an excellent accessory for your pool set!
- The tip of the cue is made from leather
- Made from Canadian maple wood
- 23 Ounces heavy item – perfect for transferring power to the balls, just the right weight, and also perfect for accurate breaking power.
- Optimal cue ball control for the solid break shot and excellent balance
- Sticks connected with steel joints – increased durability for the pieces, and it can be easily split in two numerous times for transport with a lower chance of the joint breaking.
- The tip of the cue is glued and can be damaged after numerous power shots.
Rage Heavy Break Cue [Overall Best, Great for any Ambience]
This break cue is doing perfectly what its name says: Hits with Rage! And hits with accuracy! It is a three-piece break cue and weighs 25 ounces which is heavy and it has a traditional high-quality tip that is perfect for a powerful shot.
The shot you need before you start your regular game! It also has a wrapless handle which helps to stroke better. You can also use it as a jump cue and
Take your time, think about your strategy, and it will be your best friend. It can pass the power to your ball, and you will be able to make a great break shot.
This break cue is made connected by the wood-to-wood joint collar, made from hardwood maple natural wood, and creates great synergy with your pool table.
This is a useful accessory and a friend to your set of tools and perfects if you are someone who loves power in their game. It s considered as one of the best beginner’s cues for breaking and also great for the jump shot.
- Heavy item – It has a great feature of power transfer to the cue ball and can manage a powerful break and impossible shots.
- High-quality Bakelite tip
- The weight of the break cue is ideal to create solid shots.
- Allows you great control over the cue ball.
- Available in different colors
- A great choice for a jump break cue
- Joints made out of wood – increased chances of deterioration in case of splitting the item for transport.
Predator BK2 Break Cue with Linen Wrap [Professional break cue]
Predator bk3 break cue is one of the great breaking cue on the market today. This product’s weight is massive at 18 ounces, and the hard tip is 12.75 mm Phenolic made, which is excellent for transferring power from the cue to the ball.
It is a great selection for accurate shots which kiss the cue ball perfectly and significantly break the billiard balls before starting the game!
Predator bk3 break cue has used C4 technology, which means it is made from a 4-piece butt construction and it is also a ferrules construction!
It is an excellent product for professional players who want to increase accuracy and its exceptional low deflection manages to release the power to the cue ball and guarantees powerful break shots in the pool table.
It is the first choice of experienced players, because of its slip-free grip and well-balanced cue.
It is a great break cue if you are a serious player, it has a solid wood core and quick release joints which will suit your pool playing style.
- Phenolic Hard Cue Tip – transfers explosive power from the stick to the ball;
- Heavy Item – great when it pairs with the phenolic break tip and can make a powerful break
- Quick-release joints
- Great balance, and great for a solid break
- Consider as a good investment.
- 4-piece construction
- The Phenolic Cue Tip means that chalk will go off immediately after each shot, so you will have to apply each time again.
Players JB528 Cue
This one is a quality break cue stick and can create powerful break shots! At 28 oz, this is very heavy and is ideal for the first shot of the game! It is a product for professionals and who want to perfect their accuracy skills, and it is also aesthetically pleasing with a Matte Black Wrap.
It is reliable, heavy, and classy! Perfect for a bar or your game room. Classy and efficient, these break sticks deliver the deed: Transferring power from the break cue to the ball! It is perfect if you love power shots and an excellent tool to plan your strategy before taking the first game shot.
- Heavy – Hardball hits and increased accuracy and a great breaking cue
- A great choice for beginner pool players.
- Feels Premium
- If you get in the game you will want a better cue with more emphasis on the tip
Cuetec CT296 Black Finish Break Cue [Great Choice for Intermediate to Advanced]
The Cuetec CT296 is the best break cue you need for starting your game. This is excellent for all types of play styles and an excellent tool for increasing your accuracy, power, strategy, and powerful punch. The Veltex grip decreases moisture from your hands to improve control.
The adjustable weight bolt system makes it a tremendous multi-task tool! It can be used for breaking as well as the regular cue. The patented S.S.T. is a 15 ½ inch Pro Taper power bonded shaft and increases the power transfer to the ball!
The tip is Tiger Everest Multi-layered with a Polycarbonate Ferrule. I am also great for accurate shots and go excellent with the cue’s wrap and the power changer system. You have all the necessary tools for a complete tool.
Suitable for break shots, good for the regular pool cue sticks, ideal for control, accuracy, feel, power! Perfect for everyone and ideal for becoming a professional!
- Polished Stainless Steel Joint – added strength
- Polycarbonate ferrule tip – perfect for accuracy
- Great break cue choice for professional players
- adjustable weight system
- Free Shipping
- If you get into the game, you will want a more specific tool for either Break or Regular game
2 PCE Break Cue by Iszy Billiards [Quality Maple Wood, Great for Beginners]
The 2 PCE Break Stick is an excellent accessory for your bar or your game room at home! Made from Hardwood Canadian Maple Wood, at 23 ounces and 58 inches, this is massive and has made for Break Shots! You cannot miss such a break cue in your set of tools as it gives excellent power transfer to the ball.
The traditional tip increases accuracy. Also, the steel joints connecting the two pieces make it a perfect break cue that can be transported numerous times without wear and tear.
Aesthetically pleasing and made from the natural wood core, this brings your home or bar the missing item you need to have a complete game. Great for power-play and perfect for strategy planning before the start of a game!
- Leather tips – don’t have to apply to chalk each time after a shot.
- Steel Joints – perfect for transport
- Natural wood cue with exotic woods
- Consider as a good investment and great for the recreational player
- The tip applied with glue – can be damaged after numerous power shots.
Super Hitter Histler Sneaky Pete
The Super Hitter Histler Sneaky Pete Break is an excellent accessory to your set at home or for your bar or place in general! It is super heavy at 27oz and super long at 58 inches and a perfect break tool!
It is a great break cue and if you want to have a complete set of tools for your daily games, get this break cue today!
Being cumbersome and with a high-quality tip, it perfectly transfers power from the cue to the ball and can help put in motion your strategy at the beginning of a game.
If you are also a power player, this can be beneficial as it delivers power with pride and accuracy!
The leather tip also means you won’t have to apply to chalk every time after a shot, and the hard rock maple construction means it is resistant, and you will be able to use it multiple times with a low probability of tearing down.
- Tip – no need to re-apply chalk after each shot
- Super heavy – perfect for power transfer to the ball and accuracy
- A great choice for wooden cues
- If you get into the game, you will immediately want to upgrade to a quality break cue
Cuetec Meteor Break Cue [Cheaper Choice for professionals, Billiard Guide’s Choice]
The Cuetec Meteor Break Pool Cue stands by its name: It comes down on the ball with the power and strength of a meteor! If you are a power player, then you will surely have the ability in your hands, especially for the first shot of the game when you break the set of balls on the billiard table!
It is a lighter cue and weighs 19oz, and is 58 inches long, this two-piece maple Canadian wood is the best break stick to have a complete game with your friends as well as customers!
The maple shaft has a composite coating for substantial breaks, and the bakelite ferrule helps increase the power and accuracy of your shots! It can be used for explosive breaks and also as a regular cue.
- Maple Composite Coating – decrease chances of slip on the table from the hand
- Super shiny
- Consider as a good investment
- Bakelite tip – plastic made and can deteriorate after multiple power shots
Viper Graphstrike Fiberglass Graphite Composite Break Cue
The Viper Graphstrike Fiberglass Graphite Composite stands by its name: Resistant! And strong! This break cue can be used for both breaking the game, and it can be used later on. Standing at 19 ounces and with a 58-inch length.
This is massive and prolonged and is made for breaking at the start as well as it can be used for the whole game if you are a power-shot player! An excellent tool for increasing your accuracy game.
The is heavy, and it will correctly transfer power to the cue ball and give you a more secure grip for accurate play. The pro taper and the durable fiberglass are also made to decrease slip and to increase security on the cue.
The leather tip is also made for that first accurate shot and is perfect for all sorts, especially if you are interested in improving your skills!
- Fiberglass coated butt – Not only resistant but perfect grip and heavy for power shots
- Has a great slip-free grip
- Tip – chalk does not have to be re-applied each time after a power shot
- If you get into the game, you might want a better and more specific stick for Breaking shots or regular game
Aska Hitter Cue Cue
If you are a billiard lover, you will need this heavy item to break your set of balls at the start of a game!
This cue weighs around 25 oz with 58 inches long, this is suitable to power transfer to the ball, and it can also be used to exercise your accuracy and power game (not just the first break).
The black matte coating and the Canadian maple hardwood are also entirely made for grip and decrease chances of slip due to moisture or slippery table.
The Phenolic Ferrule is also the last hour technology used for both break and regular cues at it work great with the power of the break cue: Power transfer and accuracy to the ball!
- Phenolic tip – the latest technology for no-slip on the ball shots and accuracy!
- 3-Piece cue Construction
- Length of the Cue is Standard for Regular Cues so if you want to increase your game, you might want a break cue with specific Lengths.
Elite Break Cue Heavy [Another Great Choice for Starters]
These beautiful break cues are what you need if you are a power player! This cue is heavy, and with a Phenolic Tip, this is perfect for power transfer from cue to ball.
The stainless steel collar and the 29-inch AAA-grade Canadian maple shaft increase grip and feel and are perfect to work on the power shots and accuracy. It has an Irish linen wrap feels great while using it.
It can be used during the game and out-of games, and it is thus a fantastic tool to exercise your power/accuracy shots and an aesthetically pleasing item for your friends or customers!
You will look more professional with such a device and will be a joy for those who love to take a power shot!
- Phenolic tip – Perfect for accuracy shots (the latest technology)
- Comes with an Irish linen wrap
- Stainless steel joint
- If you get into the game you might want to immediately upgrade to a better option
McDermott Star Break Cue
This break cue is good for Break as well as Jump-Shots and even regular games! The durable hard rock maple construction and the black carbon ferrule tip make it irresistible if you want accuracy and power in your game.
An excellent tool helps to sharpen your skills and is a ‘must’ if you want to play ‘by the rules.’
Weighing 19 ounces and with a 58-inch length, this is heavy, but the length and power make it an excellent tool for the regular game.
Great tool for all types and great for trying out many in-pool-game techniques!
- Hard rock Maple construction – durable material can be used numerous times with no chance of tear.
- Can be used for multiple techniques during pool-game
- Carbon Fiber Ferrule tip – perfect for accuracy game
- It can also be used as a jump cue.
- Wood to wood joint – can deteriorate over time.
- If you get into the game, you might want a better cue specific for breaking
Best Break Cues – Buying Guide
Billiard Game offers a variety of best pool sticks in all sizes, weights as well as materials. Break cues are for that first shot of the game, which breaks the pool balls right before using your regular cue.
Thus, these are made from heavier materials and are very helpful for accurate instead of speed shots.
Quality break cues are also great for reducing wear and tear on the cue tip and ferrules of regular pool cues. These cues are specially constructed for the break shot to the ball.
Heavy or Light
Some love more massive shots because there are higher chances to get an accurate and striking shot, which will put the balls in strategic locations. It is also an excellent tool for exercising power shots outside a game and, thus, a unique way to work on the game skills.
If you love light shots, then regular lighter cues are for you, of course, but remember that a break cue is made to be used only once in a game, and it can be challenging to get a strategic breaking shot with standard pool cues.
In terms of weight, the Break cue also includes a two-piece butt, which allows you to remove the lower and denser half of the butt to produce a ‘break’ that can not be done with a regular Cue.
You can only test and know which type of Cue is for you when breaking a Pool.
Leather or Phenolic
Like all cue tips, the tips are usually made from hard Leather or more recently from Phenolic material. What is the difference?
Well, in terms of the shock on the ball, for break cue, Phenolic tips are great for power transfer!
The power from the break cue gets more efficiently transferred to the ball with the Phenolic material. It increases power and, of course, accuracy. They usually have a merged phenolic ferrule-tip instead of two separate pieces for break cues with Phenolic tips.
It is the difference between a regular cue and a break one in terms of the tip: It wears down harder, and it will keep the daily pool cue stick away from damaging hard shots.
As for hard leather tips, these are the traditional ones. They are also great for accuracy and power, and they do have an advantage over the Phenolic ones: The chalk stays on longer after shots, and you do not have to keep chalking.
For Phenolic tips, the chalk goes off almost instantly after each power shot, and you will have to reuse it each time.
For every game, you have to break the balls. Like it was mentioned, some like to use a regular standard pool cue even for the breaking as it gives more speed instead of a power shot, but with the right break cue, there is more power and accuracy stressed on the first shot.
Since you only have one chance to break, it is good to take time and think about your strategy.
A break cue will increase the accuracy and power of the ball, and using the right break cue that has been specially designed for that type of break shot will surely bring the best results.
FAQ – Best Break Cues
What are the major benefits of a break cue?
When you are a professional or want to be an expert, break cue is not a luxury but an essential element for this game. This weighted cue stick will help you to break properly and give you first-hand confidence.
Do you really need a break cue?
If you don’t want to tear your main playing cue, you will need one break cue, and the break cue produces greater force to break the balls.
Are You Worried About Damaging Your Other Playing Cue(s)?
Use a break cue, you don’t have to be worried anymore
How to Take Care of Your Break Cue?
Clean your break cue regularly and change the tip when it’s necessary.
As mentioned earlier, there are numerous options in the market today for the best break cue sticks, and choosing the one is your personal preference but experienced players always look for value for money,
and that’s, why we recommend Raze Heavy Hitter as one of the best break cues in the market. Other break cues can be better than this one, but it’s one of the best to play pool while considering the budget.
And Predator BK3 is one of the best break cues when you don’t have budget constraints. Its design includes everything you need for that accurate, robust! Try it out on your pool games and let us know!
- 1 Best Break Cue Reviews in 2022 [Expert’s Choice]
- 1.1 Iszy Billiard Break Cue [Best for Beginners, Leather Tip]
- 1.2 Rage Heavy Break Cue [Overall Best, Great for any Ambience]
- 1.3 Predator BK2 Break Cue with Linen Wrap [Professional break cue]
- 1.4 Players JB528 Cue
- 1.5 Cuetec CT296 Black Finish Break Cue [Great Choice for Intermediate to Advanced]
- 1.6 2 PCE Break Cue by Iszy Billiards [Quality Maple Wood, Great for Beginners]
- 1.7 Super Hitter Histler Sneaky Pete
- 1.8 Cuetec Meteor Break Cue [Cheaper Choice for professionals, Billiard Guide’s Choice]
- 1.9 Viper Graphstrike Fiberglass Graphite Composite Break Cue
- 1.10 Aska Hitter Cue Cue
- 1.11 Elite Break Cue Heavy [Another Great Choice for Starters]
- 1.12 McDermott Star Break Cue
- 2 Best Break Cues – Buying Guide
- 3 FAQ – Best Break Cues
- 4 Conclusion